
- It comes as Hong Kong records another positive reading of the virus, which if confirmed will bring the city’s total to 27
- Carrie Lam says more masks are on their way with supplies just weeks away from running out
The number of people entering Hong Kong fell sharply on Saturday as a 14-day mandatory quarantine scheme to tackle the deadly coronavirus took effect, while the city’s leader reassured the public more masks were on their way despite revealing the government was down to its last month’s supply.
Chief Executive Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor said the quarantine measures had “drastically reduced” cross-border traffic, on the day Hong Kong recorded another positive reading of the virus, which if confirmed would bring the city’s total to 27.
Kent Wang [CC BY-SA 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
The post Coronavirus: quarantine measures ‘drastically reduce’ number of people entering Hong Kong, with city’s infected tally likely to hit 27 appeared first on Healthier Environment Living Program.